Monday, March 21, 2011

A Monday Afternoon Update

So it turns out that trying to read two chapters, summarize, and discuss them everyday is harder than I thought!  I had begun today's post, but unfortuantely haven't finished it yet.  Instead of having another day with no content, I thought I'd point out some cool goings-on from the fine folks at Valyrian Steel. 

For the last few years, Valyrian Steel has been making official replicas of the weapons used in this series.  They already have for sale Ice (which we've seen in the reread), Needle (which we will see very soon in the reread), and Longclaw (a bit of a ways off, but my personal favorite sword. 

Now, just announced, is King Robert's warhammer.  The same hammer used to defeat Rhaegar at the Trident, and win King Robert a kingdom!

Check out GRRM's own thoughts on the hammer here.

And view the hammer, and all of Valyrian Steel's other weapons here.

And for any of you getting impatient for the reread, don't worry.  The next installment will be up later tonight!

2 comments:

  1. When you said two chapters, a summary and thoughts each day, I thought what an undertaking that would be. I'm glad you have chosen to have a life also. Now get on with it, I'm ready for the next installment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New installment is up! And I have to figure out a way to summarize my summaries, they take the most time.

    ReplyDelete