Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No New Post Today

OK, well that title is not entirely true as what you are reading now is, in fact, a post. What I mean is that I didn't finish typing up Part 12 of the reread, so there is no reread post today. Sorry!

I think I have a semi-good reason for missing a day. The anthology WARRIORS was finally released in paperback yesterday, which meant that I finally had the chance to read The Mystery Knight - the third Dunk and Egg short story. Or is it a novella? I never remember the difference.

I love the first two Dunk and Egg stories, and I'm only about a third of the way through Mystery Knight but I'm enjoying it as well. It's interesting seeing what Westeros was like 80 or so years ago, and how the Targaryens were as rulers. It is also enjoyable to see the land through the eyes of a lowborn Hedge Knight, as all the other characters we "see through the eyes of" are Lords and Ladies (or close enough).

Once again, sorry for the 'skip day' and we will be back with Arya and Daenerys tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what your talking about here, but did you mean to write "Dung and Egg Short story" ???

    HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I can't believe I didn't notice that, it's fixed now.

    And you haven't read the Dunk & Egg stories? They're a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete